Get the best price for your rental car with CarHireRentalSpain
The Valencia Airport, also called Manises Airport (IATA code: VLC, ICAO code: LEVC) is a Spanish Aena airport. It is located 8 km west of Valencia, between the municipalities of Manises and Quart de Poblet. Its implementation has contributed to the creation of an important business and tourism center, facilitating the economic development of the surrounding areas.2 There are numerous private aviation movements annually and aerial work related to agriculture is very important at this airport.
Of the total number of passengers at the airport in 2013, national traffic accounts for 31% of the total, while the remaining 69% corresponds to international traffic.3 Until 2010, the Madrid-Barajas route collected more than 20% , But with the arrival of the AVE to Valencia, this route has lost 75% of the passage.4 Regarding the main destinations of 2013, Paris leads the list with more than 497 651 passengers (adding Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly and Beauvais-Tillé), although Palma de Mallorca (388 277 passengers) is the airport that most passengers mobilize. Other important international destinations are Zurich, Bergamo-Orio al Serio (located north-east of Milan), London-Gatwick, Amsterdam-Schiphol and Rome-Fiumicino. The Spanish cities with the highest traffic from Valencia are Madrid-Barajas, Ibiza (especially from June to September), Seville and Santiago de Compostela. To emphasize the great fall in the national destinations and the good behavior of the European routes, which confirms the internationalization of the Airport.
Traffic has increased in recent years. Although the year 2013 closed with a decrease of passengers to 4 599 990 passengers, 3.2% less than in 2012, when they reached 4.7 million users, which already meant a drop of 4.6 % Compared to 2011. The maximum was reached in 2007 (coinciding with the Copa América): 5.9 million passengers. The volume of merchandise has also increased considerably in recent years. It is the second airport with the largest number of passengers in the Valencian Community after the Alicante Airport. In 2013 it was in tenth place in terms of number of passengers, eighth in volume of merchandise and seventh in terms of number of operations, also was among one of the ten aerodromes of the network that were profitable.
Valencia Airport is home to the regional airline Air Nostrum (which operates with the regional Iberia franchise), also based at Vueling and Ryanair.
In March 2007, a new terminal building for regional aviation was opened, connected to the main terminal (T1) .6 On 31 July 2012, the inauguration of the New Terminal (T2) was held.
The airport has been criticized by industry experts since Ryanair was installed in November 2004 and has managed to concentrate more than 40% of the airport’s total passengers.8 In 2008 due to disagreements with the Valencian Government , Ryanair closed its base, which resulted in the loss of a remarkable number of passengers and 750 jobs at the aerodrome, until its reopening in 2010.
These are the car rental companies that currently operate in Valencia, Spain:
These car rental companies also operate from the Train Station of the city of Valencia: